January 03, 2010

It's crunch time!

Now that the holidays are over and the Christmas rush is behind me, you would think I get to relax, right? Wrong!! In a few days, Greg and I will head to Atlanta for the Atlanta Gift Show to set up our wholesale booth and sell to retailers all over the world! This is the third time I've done this show and I already feel like a pro, which translates into even more procrastinating than usual! A few of the things on my to-do list:

~ make one of everything (I'm a little over halfway done with this)
~ attach all jewelry to my canvas displays, type labels with item numbers and wholesale prices, then attach to displays
~ plan a modified booth layout
~ find everything that needs to go with us and pack car
~ finish website orders from last week and mail

It doesn't sound too bad, which is probably why I'm procrastinating but making all that jewelry takes time! At least I know my catalogs are ready to be picked up. I forgot to put a few things in motion before I left for Utah, such as ordering extra postcards (I have less than 100 I think), and get jewelry images blown up to hang in the booth. Neither one is devastatingly important but it's the little things that make you stand out.

Greg & I in the booth last January - bright eyed and bushy tailed!


In the meantime, for Christmas I just (finally) got a copy of Craft, Inc by Meg Mateo Ilascoalong and 500 Tips for Marketing Your Crafts by A.B. Petrow. I am going to enjoy looking over those for the next few days as a kind of pep talk to having a great show!

Cheers to an exciting 2010!

No comments: