September 04, 2008

Upcoming weekend

I will be at the Germantown Festival in Germantown, TN this weekend (it's near Memphis). The show is on Saturday and Sunday at C.O. Franklin Park. A highlight of this show is the Sunday afternoon Running of the Weenies dachshund race. You will never see so many dachshunds in one place! The show is fun and hodge-podgey - there are fair-like activities for kids and the usual fair food you would expect, plus a huge variety of arts and crafts. And me. :)

photo by Alexander Gordon


The first year at this show, my tent neighbor was a Tupperware booth. Last year, it was a booth selling "spirit hair" - real dyed human hair you attach to your own hair to show your school spirit. I kid you not. I can't wait to see what lies in store for us this year!

we've got spirit, yes we do... ew....

1 comment:

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

Hey! I came into your booth at the Gtown festival yesterday, but I didn't get to shop bc my bf was so over the festival at that point. I grabbed your card so I could shop off your website!I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work! Seriously - I want it all!