December 28, 2008

Affirmation for 2009

I am not a New Year's resolution type of person but I read a little article in Good Housekeeping about the benefit of affirmations in a totally non-hokey way. From what I read while skimming the pages (who has time to read an entire article?), if you want to feel or act a certain way or if you want something specific to happen, you just say it 6 or 7 times a day at least. This is not The Secret mumbo-jumbo - mainly because it's not news and there are no infomercials about it! It's an idea that's been around since the early 1900's and it just struck me as a good idea so here is my affirmation:

I will be successful and I will have fun doing it.

I like it because it's easy to remember and it makes me feel good just thinking it. Saying I will be successful relieves some of the stress associated with trying to get there. And having fun doing it - isn't that the whole reason I started my own business? Heck yes!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds very Buddhist to me, but I think it's a great idea.

Unknown said...

I don't think you could have said it any better!

Kelley said...

genius. genius, i tell you!

Mine will have something to do with having a bikini body, but i will try my hand at affirmation!

:)

Unknown said...

What a great affirmation. Consider it stolen.