June 01, 2008

Back from Disneyworld!



My sister and I are back and we've got the blisters on our feet to prove we had an awesome time! Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom was definitely our favorite ride - it's a sweet roller coaster and we rode it three times. Their River Rapids Ride was pretty good - a nice comparison to the Grizzly River Rampage from my dear old Opryland. Epcot is the best place to eat - we had yummy sushi at Tokyo Dining and I got some awesome new tiny plastic toys, including some Pokemon figurines - I couldn't help myself - they were adorable!

edamame 
Voila Edamame!

The whole trip made me SO nostalgic for Opryland - the theme park, not the mall. I knew we had it good growing up so close to an amusement park but now I'm even more sad that it's gone. Remember the Tennessee Waltz, the Flume Zoom, the Rockin' Roller Coaster? The Angle Inn? The bluegrass music that played throughout the park? Remember how after the first year Chaos was opened, the 3D movie never worked again so they would just blast Janet Jackson or some other rock album while you rode through in the darkness? Ah, memories. Opryland was great. Sniff.

Our next adventure may take us to Six Flags in Atlanta... I forget so easily how much I love a good roller coaster and they have some pretty good ones - especially the Batman & Joker rides. But the Ninja roller coaster - I think I'll skip that one in order to avoid a neck injury.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

FUN! i haven't been to Disneyworld since I was 7. I'm thinking it would be a totally different experience as an adult.

Elena said...

I'm so jealous! I love Disneyworld! I think it's almost more fun as an adult!

Ivey Handcrafted said...

goodness I am so jealous! I think we might go there this fall! You know I worked there in College :) It was the BEST job ever!! xoxo