June 26, 2008

Shipment Shenanigans

With a small business comes the ordering of lots of supplies. Gemstones, wire, chain, jump rings, baggies, boxes, etc etc.... It's mind-boggling and impossible to keep from running out of something at some point, so yesterday, I had to overnight a bunch of wire & other findings to complete a wholesale order before I leave for Chicago tomorrow. The box arrived right on time, but when I opened it, there was not the much needed supplies I had ordered but...


FORTY POUNDS of beads!!! Forty pounds!! I had to get Greg to lift it off of the front porch since it was so heavy - I should have known then that something was wrong. We were so confused when we opened it! I imagine this must be for someone who is going to use these to sew onto clothing - how on earth could anyone go through this many beads?

Needless to say, I was bummed out that I didn't get my wire so we're off to the local bead shop to overpay for a few feet of wire so I can mail out my order. The supply company is great, though - they're going to reimburse my overnight shipping, which is a bonus and get my order out to me on Monday when I get back in town.

What do you think someone would do with forty pounds of beads?

No comments: