June 20, 2008

Renegade Sum-Up

Can I mention that Lotta Jansdotter was a no-show? Can I say how sad that made me? :(


That's okay because I still got some super cool stuff from Bunny Butt Apothecary (two bars of soap), Jen Skelley (a cute baby tee for my niece), Mogo Goods (a big kid tee for my nephew), Saint9 (awesome birthday card), a Make Me a Sandwich tee by Seibei, and two new fabulous hats from Squasht by Les!

I would have shopped more if I wasn't so busy and if the rain hadn't shut us down around 5:00 the first day. There were so many awesome screen printed posters, tee's, cards, and lots of great jewelry including Prismera & Twist Style (who was recently featured in BUST!) I also just love going around socializing with my fellow crafty peeps. I ran into the lovely proprietors from the Richmond Craft Mafia, Mary Ink, Fondue Art + Design just to name a few. Sunday was busier than Saturday, which was probably because we weren't all melting in the heat as much - it was SO hot & humid on Saturday - it might have been the hottest show we've ever done without the luxury of our oscillating fan! My super best friend Amy came up from Philly (we've known each other since 7th grade) and she learned all about sitting under a tent in the sun on a summery Saturday trying to sell stuff. I was so happy she came since she is such a ray of sunshine, and I was not even sad when she left since I knew I get to see her again in just a couple of weeks in Philadelphia! Yay!

Anyway, back to the Renegade Fair - I had printed up a bunch of catalogs to the tune of $65 and not one person asked if I sold wholesale - wtf? I thought I would be giving out catalogs all day long but instead I received a bunch of wholesale request forms via my website which is free and awesome nonetheless! In addition to that waste of money, I got a $115 parking ticket because we were parked in a bus lane. Does this look like a no parking sign to you?

It looks like a "No Standing" sign to me and we certainly weren't standing there and it was a long stretch of sidewalk that didn't have a yellow or red painted curb or anything like that. A no parking sign in Nashville says NO PARKING - BUS STOP. Apparently a lot of people got tickets there throughout the day. I wasn't going to pay it at first but now I realize I'm just asking for trouble and am going to pay it even though it's a load of BS.

Oh well - we had awesome food throughout our trip including Delicious (with a capital D) Italian pizza from Lucali, pretty good sushi from Monster Sushi, yummy Thai food at Song, and this grilled corn on the cob from Cafe Habana:

Adventures in New York

Greggles (my hubs) also blogged about our adventures in New York here - he liked the corn a lot, too! It had cilantro, lime, and butter - sooo good.... The older we get the more we realize we're foodies - and my hips don't lie baby - they're getting wider by the day! But that could also be because I'm turning 30 next month. Yikes!

All in all - Renegade shows are so fun and are an amazing gathering of crafty & creative talent all organized by the super-woman Sue Daly who not only organizes three Renegade Craft Fairs and runs the Renegade Handmade shop, but she also has her own line called Timber! Seriously - the girl must never sleep! The rest of my photos from the trip may be viewed on flickr.

No comments: